Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dry Lavender Soda.


I stopped drinking sodas about 2 years ago. At the time it was not because of all the corn syrups and chemicals, but because I was really addicted to all dark sodas. So I went from drinking a 2 liter bottle a day to drinking only water. Now that I have successfully kicked the addiction, I find most sodas far too sweet, sickeningly so; really. So when I stumbled across Dry Lavender Soda at our local Earth Fare supermarket, I decided to give it a try. (Earth Fare does not carry GMO's or products with corn syrup). This soda is not your average soda, it is really not a children's kind of soda. It is sweet but barely so. When I first purchased this brand I actually bought the Lavender and the Vanilla. The Vanilla is good, don't get me wrong, but I found the lavender to be exceptional. I often say that I have a delicate palette  as strong bitter or vinegar flavors turn me off, but this light slightly sweet flowery drink is exceptional. I have yet to try the  Wild Lime  and my store does not carry theBlood Orange /Cucumber / Rhubarb or  Juniper Berry...tho I have included a link for the website at the bottom. The soda is not cheap I get a four pack for 6.99. Crazy right? Especially for a tightwad like me....but i love it so much that i treat myself to one four pack a month.  I just noticed that you can get a 12 pack from amazon for 20.00. with 10.00 shipping. (still cheaper for me to go to Earth fare I suppose) You can also order 24 packs directly from the company for 32. with 10.shipping. (That's pretty much the same as im paying at earth fare) All in all I give this soda a 5 out of 5 stars! Delish!

http://www.amazon.com/DRY-Soda-Co-Lavender-12pk/dp/B001L70JBG
This is what Amazon has to say about Dry Lavender Soda...
Seattle-based DRY Soda Co. has re-imagined what soda can be: better tasting and better for you. DRY Soda uses only four, all natural ingredients and keeps the pure cane sugar to a minimum. Each twelve-ounce bottle of DRY contains just 45 - 70 calories and 11 - 19 grams of sugar. The result is a less sweet soda that allows its fruit, flower and herbal flavors to shine through. DRY Soda is available in seven distinctive flavors - Wild Lime, Lavender, Blood Orange, Rhubarb, Juniper Berry, Vanilla Bean and Cucumber - each with a unique flavor profile that makes it refreshing to sip on its own, pair with a great meal or mix into the perfect drink.





No comments:

Post a Comment